Welcome to Bon Appetit Beantown and thanks for stopping by! I’ve been wanting to start a blog for quite some time now…so here we are :).
I’m a 20-something, full-time working woman who tries to live a healthy and balanced lifestyle…and that is the way I cook: relatively simple recipes that can be done after work or on the weekends, containing healthy ingredients…and without leaving out the occasional sweets :).
My love of cooking was inspired by my Mother, who is perhaps the greatest cook of all. She taught me to throw caution to the wind, forget the recipe and just go with what I know. She taught me no matter how cramped, there is always room for one more at the table. Most importantly, she taught me how to cook with love, and for that I am most grateful.
One of my favorite dishes that my Mother makes is spaghetti squash with shrimp and sautéed peppers & onions. It’s a great spring meal – light, healthy and flavorful.
Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp and Sautéed Peppers & Onions
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Pam olive oil spray
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cup cooked shrimp, defrost if frozen
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with Pam.
- Lightly spray spaghetti squash with Pam and sprinkle with S&P. Place cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance.
- Remove squash from oven and set aside to cool, enough to be easily handled.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan over low-medium heat. Sauté the onion in oil for approx 2-3 min then add the garlic. Turn up the heat to medium, adding the red bell pepper. Sauté ingredients for 3-4 min until tender (but not mushy!). Add S&P.
- Slowly add the wine, scraping the bottom on the pan with a wooden spoon and simmer for 1-2 min. Add a squeeze of lemon juice right before taking the pan off the heat.
- Use a large fork to shred/scoop the stringy squash from the skin. Place in a large bowl and top with shrimp/vegetable mixture & sauce.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve.
Thanks again for stopping by! 🙂
“Find something you’re passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.” – Julia Child