Wowza, what a busy week/weekend! Sorry for the lack of posts last week – I was rockin’ at rolling both at work and at home busting out various projects…but now we’re back to your regularly scheduled program :). Did everyone have a nice long weekend? I had friends over on Friday to watch the Celtics (going to the finals woohoo!!) and had a wonderful time in both Connecticut and Maine (shout out to Helen at Home ). We really lucked out on the weather – but has anyone in the Boston (or north of) area noticed the smoky skies we’ve been having? It’s actually from the wild fires burning in Quebec – scary!
On Friday night I made a few things for my friends and I to snack on while watching the C’s: Pesto Chicken Pizza, Mushroom & Pepperoni Pizza, Guacamole and Mango Salsa. It was all quite good if I do say so myself ;), but I especially liked the Mango Salsa. Champagne Mangos were on sale last week at good ol’ S&S so I decided to try them out. They’re not as “mushy” as regular mangoes and paired together, provided a great consistency for the salsa.
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup peeled seeded cucumber, diced
- 1 large mango
- 1 Champagne mango
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- Zest & juice of 1 lime
- Add onion, pepper, cucumber, cilantro and lime juice & zest together in a bowl.
- Peel the mangoes and dice. You’ll notice the Champagne mango will dice up into little squares, while depending on the ripeness of the regular mango, it will be a little more mushy/stringy. * Note: Best way to peel a mango is make a length-wise cut around the fruit and peel back the skin.
- Add mangoes to the bowl, stir and let sit for flavors to further combine
Have a nice “short” week What did you do for the Memorial Day weekend?